Shooting is one of the most popular sports in the world. From being a recreational activity, it became part of the competitions to test precision, accuracy, and the shooting speed. Of course, shooters use tools to make sure they hit their target perfectly. So as there are tools used in other sports and activities, this sport makes use of a shooting bench. Also referred to as the rifle shooting table or a gun shooting table, it can be made from wood, metal, or even concrete. Depending on your needs, you can get the best shooting bench with special features. The most popular shooting benches today are designed to be portable and to ensure the shooters’ comfort.
Top 5 Shooting Bench Reviews
X-Stand X-Ecutor Hunting Shooting Bench with Swivel Seat
Whether you are a left-handed or right-handed shooter, X-Stand X-Ecutor can fit your sitting position. It is one of those ambidextrous bench rests that allows better movement and shooting positions where you are more comfortable. It is perfect to be used in a shooting range, backyard, or even out for your hunting trips. If you feel like pivoting a little on different directions, you can do so easily with its 360° swivel seat. You can also adjust its swivel seat forward or backward to suit your shooting preference. When it comes to perfecting your aim, its gun rest can be adjusted with ease.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from imported and sturdy steel construction to ensure its durability
- Built with a non-scratch rubber coated gun rest that can keep your gun safe and free from any scratch
- Includes a micro-adjustable tuning knob that is attached to the gun rest to allow precise adjustments
- Portable and easy to fold for storage and transport purposes
- With built-in gear pouches on both sides of the bench to carry your ammunition, food, water, cellphone, and more
- Its 21 x 28 inches bench top with includes a vinyl padded cover
- Weighs only 35.4 pounds with up to 300 pounds capacity
- Adjustable 360° swivel seat offers more comfort while shooting
- Convenient and comfortable to use even for long hours
- Lightweight and portable to carry around
- Durable and well protected against scratches
- Budget-friendly and perfect for left or right-handed shooters
- Does not have a backrest for additional support
- The seat is a little close to the table for long-legged shooters
Muddy Swivel-Action Shooting Bench
Make the most of your shooting experience by getting a shooting bench that allows better movement when shooting your target. With a 360° swivel bench top and seat, you can enjoy an all-out shooting experience by shifting to any lanes. No need for high-tech accessories and complicated adjustments. This bench rest can go with the flow and let you explore different possibilities with its simple yet adjustable features. Its extra-wide padded bench rest also gives it an advantage over its competitors to offer more space for movement. You can also enjoy an extra arm support which is very important when shooting.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from steel construction with a versatile design guarantees a durable support for shooting
- Includes built-in gear pouches on both sides of the bench rest to carry your ammunition, accessories, or food
- Built with a rubber coated gun rest that can keep your gun scratch-free can be adjusted for your shooting preference
- Padded top and seat is designed with a self-locking 360° rotation for comfort and shooting precision
- Its 29 x 29 inches bench top is designed with extended armrest while its 12 x 14 inches seat has 2 inches padding for comfort
- Weighs 38 pounds with up to 300 pounds weight capacity
- Constructed with a practical and ergonomic design
- Durable and easy to adjust for shooting precision
- Can provide an all-day comfort while shooting
- Convenient to use for hunting and leisure purposes
- Does not include a backrest in the seat for additional comfort
- Can be a little heavy to move around
Caldwell Stable Table with 360° Rotation and Weatherproof Synthetic Top
Designed to be simple yet functional shooting bench rest on the market, this Stable Table can sure do its job. It uses fewer joints thanks to its tripod design that is sturdy enough to hold your weight and your gun. Featuring an adjustable seat with an additional padding, it can give you an all-day satisfaction whenever you’re out shooting. Its table surface is made from chemical and weather resistant polymer to ensure that it can last a lifetime. It also includes a special pin that allows the bench rest to be assembled and disassemble with ease. Most importantly, it is perfect for shooting in different kinds of terrain.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from steel frame construction with an integrated shooting table, tripod legs, and seat for better shooting
- Built with a molded carrying handle for easy transportation
- Compatible with shooting table accessories since it doesn’t have its own on its bench top
- Its synthetic weatherproof bench top measures 34 x 23 inches
- Its padded seat can be adjusted from 16 inches to 22 inches in height with up to 275 weight limit
- Includes 2 cleaning forks that add stability to the entire bench rest when inserted
- Quick release pin offers a hassle-free adjustment of the seat and leg angle when securing it
- Guaranteed durable and versatile
- Portable and easy to carry around
- Hassle-free to assemble and to take down with its quick-release pin
- Ideal for prolonged shooting with its padded seat for comfort
- A little pricey and heavy as it weighs 65 pounds
- Does not include a gun rest and a padded bench top
Benchmaster Portable Shooting Rest
If you want to make sure that you will not ever miss a good target, get a reliable bench rest. This Benchmaster is one of the most durable and less complicated options that are recommended to shooters. With its foldable feature and built-in carrying handle, you can literally take it anywhere you want. Besides, it is lightweight enough to serve its purpose even if you need to change locations more often. With Mark Thompson as the inspiration behind its design, it became one of the finest bench rests for shooters. Most importantly, it provides extra room for different positions and accessories on the bench top.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from powder-coated steel that has been tested and proven to last a lifetime
- Crafted with a brown aluminum top that measures 36 x 24 ½ inches can prevent the build-up of heat
- A fully adjustable seat is designed to keep you comfortable with its adjustable height from 31 to 34 inches height
- Its smart design allows it to be folded and keep its legs and sea just under the tabletop
- Weighs only 42 pounds and built with a carry handle for easy transportation
- Designed to be folded easily for storage purposes without eating up a lot of space
- 100% made in the USA with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
- Tested and recommended by Thompson Long Range
- Lightweight and easy to carry around with its built-in handles
- Doesn’t require any part to be assembled
- Provides more room for movement and your gears
- More expensive than its competitors
- Doesn’t include a built-in gun rest and bench top padding
- The seat is not padded for additional comfort
Hyskore Ten Ring Portable Bench
Do you need a bench rest that you can carry every hunting season without breaking a sweat? Then, this Ten Ring Portable Bench can be the one you are looking for. Its size and weight are perfect for shooting on various locations without getting a hard time on assembling and disassembling. In fact, it’s currently one of the best bench rests when it comes to tactical shooting thanks to its advanced features. Its portability also made it ideal for shooting in different shooting environments. Whether you aim to use it on range shooting or in the field, it can serve its purpose.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from a rigid tubular steel frame with a powder coat finish and sturdy mesh deck
- Specially designed to be used on different field and shooting environments
- Designed with MG-42 Machine Gun Rest connection points to offer 2 elevation options
- V-notch gun support with padding provides an adjustable elevation with 4 hard point mounts to fit any gun and shooting ranges
- Includes an integral spotting scope mount that can be attached to either side of the bench top and adjusted for your shooting level
- Weighs less than 20 pounds so it is easy to carry around from one location to another when necessary
- Capable of withstanding any weather
- Works well on soil, turf, and other kinds of terrains
- Perfect for hunting since it’s lightweight and portable
- Easy to assemble and adjust for various shooting preferences
- Doesn’t include a padded seat for prolonged and comfortable shooting positions
- Doesn’t have gear pockets and padded bench top cover
How to Choose the Best Shooting Bench: Buyer’s Guide?
Whether you need the best bench rests for rifle shooting for leisure or sports training, you need to be keen. There are lots of shooting benches on the market today and it’s not an easy job to choose one. You need to know what to look for if you want to buy the best portable shooting bench. Otherwise, you might end up wasting your money on a product that lacks the things you need the most. So, here are the important things to consider when choosing the best shooting bench
- Sitting Position
Are you left-handed or right-handed? Always consider the sitting position whether you are left-handed or right-handed. This is due to the fact that most bench rests today are designed to cater to one specific position only. Mainly, they are designed for right-handed shooters which make it inappropriate if you are a left-handed shooter. Thus, you should find one that is specifically made for your preferred sitting position or settle on ambidextrous bench rests.
- Recoil Reduction
Another thing that shooters hate is losing their cool and proper posture when shooting a high caliber gun. In this case, it is best to have a shooting bench that includes a nice rifle backrest. This way, the backrest will be able to support and reduce its recoil while shooting.
Since the best shooting bench rest can be made from different materials, its weight can also vary. If you want a permanent shooting bench on your backyard for instance then weight may not be a big deal. But if you are planning to carry and set it in different places, it is best to get a lightweight one. After all, you’d be the one who will carry it around and bear its weight. There are some shooting bench rests that weigh from 50 to 60 pounds only.
Next to being lightweight is the shooting bench’s portability. The more portable it is, the easier you can move it from one various location. This works well too even if you are planning to use your shooting bench in the backyard or a shooting range. This way, you can easily snap it in place and close it once you’re done. You can also find one that has a built-in handle for better handling.
Whatever product you want to buy, it is best to consider its durability at all times. The best shooting bench should be durable enough to last a lifetime especially if will only use it occasionally. It should be able to handle the weight of the gun and yours every time you use it outdoors. Otherwise, your money will be put to waste if it no longer does its purpose. Therefore, be sure to check the construction of your possible shooting bench to make sure that it will not fail. The last thing you want to experience is a shooting bench that falls into pieces while you’re on a little hunting trip.
As much as possible, do away with shooting bench rests that are mostly made of plastic materials. We all know how plastic materials do especially in the long run. Compared with shooting bench rests that are made of wood, metal, and concrete, plastic bench rests won’t last that long. Depending on how you want to use your shooting bench, choose the one that is made for its purpose.
When all you want is to sit down and wait until you find your target, a shooting bench is very ideal. Sometimes called as a shooting table or a bench rest, a shooting table can help you aim and shoot better. All you have to do is set it up with your gun on it, sit down, and prepare to shoot. Using this simple tool can help you improve your shooting performances whenever you pull the trigger.
Once you’ve identified all your needs with the help of this review, it will be easier for you to shop. You can even last longer the more comfortable you are with your chosen shooting bench.