Are you looking for a secured mailbox that can keep your mails safe and sound? Then this is your chance to know how handy a locking mailbox is. After all, we all know how important it is to have a mailbox regardless of your location. With the best locking mailbox, you can guarantee that all your incoming mails are safe from the weather and prying hands. Of course, this means that the incoming mail slot is too small to fit a hand. Only you can open the mailbox using a unique key since no one else can reach in and get your mail. So, check out our list of the best locking mailbox below:
5 Best Locking Mailbox Reviews
Mail Boss 7160 Metro Locking Wall Mount Mailbox
Coming from the famous company, this Metro Locking Wall Mailbox from Mail Boss is sure a winner. When it comes to providing a lot of conveniences, this locking mailbox sure knows how to impress customers. Aside from keeping your mail dry and in good condition, it can also keep them safe against those prying hands. With this, you can leave for the weekend and relax thinking that you’ll get back home with your mail intact. Its electro-galvanized steel material also guarantees it can withstand vandalism and impact even when hit by a baseball bat. Clearly, this is one little tough guy that is worth investing in.
Features and Specifications:
- Wall mount locking mailbox with large mail retrieving capacity that is up to 8 inches in height
- Includes 3 laser cut keys, adhesive flag, and reflective house number
- Can fit deliveries in its 1.63 inches incoming mail slot and 3.50 inches outgoing mail slot
- 14 and 16 gauge galvanized steel construction guarantees its resistance against weather, vandalism, and harsh impacts
- Designed with a patented anti-pry latch locking system for mail security
- Commercial grade 12 – disc wafer lock prevents any fishing attempt inside the mailbox
- Innovative mounting wall bracket allows a quick and hassle-free installation on different surfaces
- Stainless steel hinges with powder coated finish to ensure its longevity
- Can withstand harsh weather conditions
- Multiple control keys for easy access
- Quick and easy to install in almost any surface with its free wall bracket
- Handy mounting hardware and outgoing mail clip
- Some parts of the mailbox are made from inferior materials
- The mounting brackets can be a pain during the installation
Mail Boss 7106 Curbside Locking Mailbox
Keep your mail and safe from those fishing hands and harsh weather conditions by investing in a locking mailbox. This new mailbox from Mail Boss is another addition from their collection of USPS approved security mailbox. With its electro-galvanized steel material that is topped with a commercial grade 12 disc wafer lock, its durability is ensured. Not to mention the fact that it is also secured with an advanced locking system. Thus, it can’t be opened by a screwdriver or a crowbar. You can’t even smash it open using a baseball bat which is why it’s really a must-have for customers.
Features and Specifications:
- 13.5 x 11.25 inches mailbox capacity with 1.9 x 10.25 inches incoming mail slot and 2.6 x 10.25 inches outgoing mail bin
- Welded 12 and 14-gauge electro-galvanized steel with powder coating guarantees its strength and durability
- USPS approved security mailbox and designed to withstand weather, vandalism, and high impact
- Patented anti-pry latch locking system features a chrome aluminum steel hook cam
- Special Fast-Trak mounting plate used for a fast and easy installation
- Commercial grade locking access door for high security with 12 disc wafer lock that prevents any attempt of fishing and drilling
- Includes 3 laser cut control keys, reflective house numbers, and a vandal-resistant flag
- Protected by a lifetime warranty and an advanced locking system
- Can be installed fast and quick on any mounting post
- Provides a hassle-free and use with its stainless steel hinges
- It can only fit magazines and letters inside the box
- The lock design can be a little difficult to unlock sometimes
Mail Boss 7500 Mail Manager Pro Locking Security Mailbox
When all you want is to receive all your important mails regularly, having a reliable mailbox is a must. This is especially true if you are a professional who needs to send and receive mails from important people. In spite of the benefits that the internet brings us today, the significance of stamped formal letters can’t be erased. If you are a fan of ordering small parcels online and offline, you can have them delivered in your mailbox. Thanks to the bigger compartment and incoming mail bin of this locking mailbox, you can be at ease even while you’re away.
Features and Specifications:
- 11.25 x 10.4 inches mailbox capacity with 3.5 x 10.2 inches incoming mail bin and 4.9 x 10.2 inches mail retrieving door
- US Post Master Approved with full service of locking service mailbox
- Built with 14 and 16 gauge electro galvanized welded steel with powder coating finish
- Its patented anti-pry latch locking tool provides protection to your mail by preventing any leveraged entry to the mailbox
- Advanced baffle door with Stainless steel piano hinges allow small packages and parcels to fit while preventing leveraged entry
- Patented Fast-Trak mounting plate allows it to be installed on almost any surface without breaking a sweat
- Protected against UV vandalism, weather conditions, and high impact
- Fast and easy to install with concealed outgoing mail clip
- With pull out mail tray and vandal resistant flag
- Can fit in small packages
- Can fit in small parcels only due to its reinforcement plate
- Does not include a separate bin for outgoing mails
dVault Parcel Protector Vault DVU0050 Locking Mailbox
If you’re looking for a locking mailbox that can store up to 2 weeks of your mails and packages, this is it. This Locking Post from dVault can be the perfect holiday keeper for you. This means that you can go on a longer holiday and enjoy without worrying about overloading your mailbox. Rain or shine, all your mails, and packages will be in perfect condition once you retrieve them. It has a weather resistant construction and heavy-duty key locked compartment for better security. No matter how mail thieves attack it with a crowbar or screwdriver, it will not give in.
Features and Specifications:
- Made from 16 gauge galvanized steel with commercial grade powder coating finish
- 100% made in the USA and US Post Master Approved
- Stainless steel hinges ensure its durability
- Anti-pry locking letterbox with secure post keyed lock that can prevent any fishing attempts and secure all incoming mail
- Security drop door with US patent 6,347,737 protects all deposited contents from being accessed
- Huge storage capacity with 14.5 x 34.2 x 14.5 inches product dimension
- Includes a 12.4 x 10.5 inches mail chute opening and 12.4 x 10.5 inches access door opening below
- Dimpled false bottom protects the mail and packages by covering the mounting hardware
- Available in different colors like copper vein, black, gray, sand, and white
- Comes with an attachable postal flag and a mail clip
- Provides different ley-locked access doors in the front and rear
- Too heavy due to its size and storage capacity
- Its mounting plate is not durable enough to handle its contents’ weight
Mail Boss 7506 Mail Manager Locking Security Mailbox
Getting the best locking mailbox doesn’t mean that you have to break the bank. In fact, investing in a mailbox doesn’t even become part of your regular to-do things if you have this Mail Manager. Coming from Mail Boss, it is no doubt one of the best mailboxes that are made from premium materials. At the same time, it is very budget-friendly which is one of the top reasons why customers love it. Just like its sister mailboxes from Mail Boss, it is constructed from electro galvanized welded steel with a powder coating. Thus, its strength and longevity are guaranteed.
Features and Specifications:
- Can hold large capacity with its 21 x 10.8 x 11.2 inches product dimension
- Made from 14 and 16 gauge electro galvanized welded steel construction to defend it from vandalism
- US Post Master Approved with a full-service residential locking mailbox to prevent all attempts of mail identity theft
- Designed with an advanced security baffle door that can fit in the mail and small packages in the mailbox
- Its patented anti-pry latch locking system is equipped with 12 disc wafer lock that provides maximum security against leveraged entry
- Includes 3 laser cut key shape that ensures your mailbox content’s safety from an intruder
- With free mounting hardware for quick and easy installation
- Vandal resistant flag and floor liner for additional package protection
- Offers a flexible application on residential or curbs without a mounting plate
- Too small to fit in magazines and packages
- Not waterproof so it is not ideal to be installed under the rain
How to Choose the Best Locking Mailboxes?
Choosing the best locking mailbox for your home can be challenging especially if you don’t know where to start. Depending on your taste, you may need a locking mailbox that is functional yet stylish. This means that no matter how functional it is, it still has that personality that can match your home. In this case, we’ve already prepared everything you should know when choosing the best secure locking mailbox below:
Of course, even the security level of locking mailboxes differs depending on the brand and type of mailbox you want. Believe it or not, mailboxes are some of the favorite targets of thieves in many countries. Apparently, stolen mail is also one of the most common reasons why people become a victim of identity theft. Not to mention if the mailbox is not secured by a lock and can be easily opened by a screwdriver. Thus, the best locking mailbox should be secured from any kind of fishing once your delivery is inside. This is due to the anti-pry latch lock system that keeps it safe until you retrieve it yourself. The only way to access your mail or packages is by using your unique mailbox key.
- Weather Resistance
A locking mailbox is one of the least things that should be part of your shopping lists. Once you decided to invest in a mailbox, make sure that can withstand any weather condition and last for years. Buying a cheap that develops rusts also deteriorates over time which may lead to the damage of your packages. Thus, it’s ideal to get a locking mailbox that is made from electro-galvanized steel. It’s not only resistant from vandalism but also from baseball bat abuse. Powder coating also plays an important role to make sure your mailbox tougher than it looks like.
Depending on your residence and the usual kind of mail or packages you receive, the type of your mailbox varies. Specifically, there are a column, curbside and wall mounted locking mailboxes. One of the most popular and the best locking mailbox residential for areas is the column mounted mailbox. This is because of its unique personality that adds to the aesthetic design of the homeowners’ house. Thus, most columns mounted mailboxes are also custom-made according to the owners’ taste. Another type to consider is the curbside mailbox which is common to suburban areas. As its name suggests, it is located along the curb. However, it can also be cluster mounted using a spreader bar to set up more mailboxes per post. But if you live in an urban area then a wall mounted mailbox may be perfect for you. This is true especially if you prefer a walk up mail delivery since wall mounted mailboxes can normally accommodate up to 3 days of mail. Depending on the amount of mail you receive regularly, you may also opt for a smaller box. There are locking mailboxes that can contain the same capacity without being too bulky.
Aside from the mentioned points above, don’t forget that quality should not be left behind. A high price doesn’t always mean it’s high-quality. Thus, be sure to check the quality first before you checkout. If you get a cheap one then don’t expect too much since “you get what you pay for”. Once you invest in a locking mailbox, put quality over price.
So, there you have it. Now that we’ve already covered the basic things about a locking mailbox, it’s time to make your choice. Regardless of your location, there is always a type of mailbox that can ensure the safety of your mail and packages. You can get a custom made locking mailbox or choose any from our given list above. In case you don’t have the time to check your mailbox regularly, it’s ideal to get one with 2 – 3 days capacity. Therefore, you can make sure that your mailbox will be able to accommodate all your deliveries until you pick them up.